Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu

If I am injured on a vessel will I have to repay my employer for medical treatment from my settlement?

Video Transcription: 

If you’re a John’s act crew member, you are entitled to maintenance and cure and you will not have to repay the employer for the medical care provided for you from a shipboard injury or an injury that occurs while you were, what we call in the service of the vessel. If on the other hand, you were a passenger and you were provided major medical through your employer, then, in that case, more than likely, the insurance company maintains a lean on any recovery you may obtain.

Share This Page:

Contact the Law Offices of Michael F. Guilford, P.A. for a free initial consultation with Michael Guilford. Flexible appointment times are available. If you can't come to us, we will come to you. Call toll free 866-473-2636 or describe your injuries in an email.

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation