Miami Passenger Claims Lawyer
Passengers on cruise ships are not immune from accidents and injuries. Our experienced Miami passenger claims lawyer has years of legal experience handling personal injury passenger claims, as well as other admiralty and maritime cases.
In general, it is important that passengers keep their cruise ship ticket contracts, as they contain the terms and conditions governing the filing of lawsuits, including the statute of limitations, which in many cases is only one year. This means you may have only a narrow time frame in which to pursue any legal action, so you need to contact a lawyer as soon as possible. To discuss your case with an attorney at my firm, contact me today.
Typical passenger claims include:
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents – Wet decks and stairs account for a large number of passenger injury claims aboard cruise ships. These are essentially premises liability cases in which the cruise line owes a duty of reasonable care under the circumstances to all of its passengers or invitees.
- Shore Excursion Injuries – When injuries occur during a shore excursion, it is difficult to establish the cruise ship’s liability, as the excursions are usually contracted out to separate legal entities who the cruise lines claim are solely liable. However, where the ship is backing and promoting the contracted shore excursion operator or company, you may have a claim against both the individual operator and the cruise line.
- Tender Accidents – Tenders are the ferry boats that take passengers from the ship to the shore. Since local operators are often inexperienced, or careless, injuries can occur due to excessive speed or the lack of employees to help passengers out of the boats.
- Medical Malpractice on Board – After sustaining an injury, you rely on the ship’s medical personnel to effectively and efficiently address your situation. However, medical malpractice by the ship staff can occur in the form of leaving your injuries untreated or aggravated by inadequate treatment.
- Spa Injuries – Although the spas on board cruise ships are supposed to be relaxing, serious injuries can occur. Since the spa operator is usually contracted through the cruise line, personal injury claims can frequently be filed against not only the spa operator, but in certain situations, against the cruise line as well.
- Dram Shop Liability – Cruise ships are liable for serving alcohol to clearly intoxicated passengers who then sustain severe injuries or cause injuries to another passenger. In this scenario, the ship is responsible for any injuries and damages that have occurred.
We also represent cruise ship passengers for the following claims:
- Physical or sexual assault: We represent passengers attacked by crew members, crew members attacked by other crew members, and passengers attacked by other passengers.
- Wrongful deaths: The death of a loved one can occur in any of the above situations. We aggressively handle these cases and investigate to determine where liability lies.
Contact Our Miami Passenger Claims Lawyer Today, We Can Help
Contact a Miami passenger claims lawyer at the Law Offices of Michael F. Guilford, P.A., to schedule your free initial consultation. Call 866-473-2636.