Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu

Navigating a course to justice

Schedule a Free
Miami Maritime & Boat Injury Lawyer > Video FAQS > If I am injured on a cruise ship, what type of damages can I claim?

If I am injured on a cruise ship, what type of damages can I claim?

Video Transcription: 

As a cruise line passenger, you received what’s known as a contract of carriage. Whether you actually got a ticket like we used to when we took airline flights or, which is more likely the case these days, you had to accept the terms and conditions of passage online, there is a provision in the ticket contract, which will require that you file suit in a specific location. Most of the major cruise lines that are based out of Miami, Florida require suit be filed in a Miami Federal court. Other lines, which are based on the west coast of the United States such as California or Washington state, have similar contract venue provisions, which require suit in those states.

Share This Page:
  • American Association for Justice
  • Florida Justice Association
  • Bar Register Preeminent Lawyers
  • American Association for Justice

It's Your Time To Win

Contact the Law Offices of Michael F. Guilford, P.A. for a free initial consultation with Michael Guilford. Flexible appointment times are available. If you can't come to us, we will come to you. Call toll free 866-473-2636 or describe your injuries in an email.

I have read the disclaimer.

By submitting this form I acknowledge that contacting Michael F. Guilford, P.A. through this website does not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

protected by reCAPTCHA Privacy - Terms

Michael F. Guilford, P.A.

Courthouse Tower, Suite 750
44 West Flagler St.
Miami, FL 33130

Toll Free: 866-473-2636
Phone: 305-539-1999
Fax: 305-539-1998