Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu

Will I need expert witnesses for my Florida cruise accident case?

Video Transcription: 

Most any injured person is going to require expert testimony from either their treating physician or an expert physician hired by their lawyer who will appear in court, if necessary, to explain to the jury the nature of your injuries. In addition to the physicians, you will more likely than not need an expert in the cause of your injury.

For instance, in a slip and fall accident on a boat or a cruise ship, the issue is going to be whether the floor had an inappropriate coefficient of friction. In other words, was it rough enough so that you shouldn’t have slipped? Typically, this requires an engineer go on board the ship and do what is known as a slip resistance test to determine what that coefficient of friction was and whether it meets industry standards.

Share This Page:

Contact the Law Offices of Michael F. Guilford, P.A. for a free initial consultation with Michael Guilford. Flexible appointment times are available. If you can't come to us, we will come to you. Call toll free 866-473-2636 or describe your injuries in an email.

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation